Tuesday, July 04, 2006

internet problems

I used to love DSL. And I had no complaints about Verizon until this past week. Before, I had an occaisional problem getting on line. I'd reboot everything and it all cleared up, but not this week.
First I couldn't connect to the software company for sending or messages. Finally it seemed to clear. Then it happened again later. Then the next day and it didn't clear. I tried everything and still no long connections. The third day was the same. On the fourth day I called them and got a run around. The techs were stupid. They could only say the same things and connected us to a closed office for an appointment, so of course we didn't get one. Monday I tried again and the portable phone battery died. Finally today I reached a competant person who listened to me and set up an appointment for Thurday. So now I have done no work, filed no applications and paid no bills for a week because it sinks after a few minutes and loses the connection. So tell me why it's ok tonight????

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara, I'm also a virgin blogger, writing my first ever blog at eHarlequin.com, a good way to test the water so to speak. Everyone tells me I need broadband, by whatever name, then I read horror tales like yours. Think I'll stick with boring old dial-up until the tech world gets its act together. I've compared the two and honestly, either I have the world's fastest dial-up, am totally non-discriminating, or broadband s over-hyped. Pick all that apply :-)

Valerie

4:02 PM  
Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Yes, we have more conveniences since technology evolved to where it is, but it sure is a pain in the butt at times, isn't it?!

Have lots of fun, Barbara.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home